Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rainy Wednesday

Today is my first day back at work after I got sick around lunch time yesterday.  I feel a lot better thanks to Doctor Brian, Assistant Tibbs, and the advice from my May 2011 knotties.

Usually, the worst part about coming back to work is the paperwork that is piled up on your desk.  But thanks to the economy, I got nothing.  Work has been slow for the past couple of months.  No drafting, no serious emails from engineers, and clients who put work on hold to save money.  I'm glad that a couple of my co-workers let me assist them on some projects around the office to make up work.

Currently, I've been trying to finish my Architectural credits for my Internship Development Program so I can start my licensing exam.  The best way I can describe my job is: I'm a full-time employee who can do the same thing a registered Architect can, I just am a little inexperienced without my license.  In order to get to a "licensed" status, I have to complete 5600 hours for the I.D.P.  Right now, I have 78 more hours left in construction site visits.  The good part about it is that the main work we have in the office right now is in construction.

I think what I will try to do to keep myself occupied during my free time at work is to study for the Architecture Registration Exam. The ARE consists of seven test that will test my knowledge in the field of Architecture.  Here they are:
  1. Programming, Planning & Practice
  2. Site Planning & Design
  3. Building Design & Construction Systems
  4. Schematic Design
  5. Structural Systems
  6. Building Systems
  7. Construction Documents & Services
My goal is to take my first test by the end of next year.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover