Friday, October 21, 2011

TGIF

Happy Friday!

It's cold here in Georgia! 

Last night was the best night ever!  I met up with my two classmates who were in town for a conference.  I later found out that two more of my classmates went to the conference too with their co-workers.  So our party of 3 turned into a party of 7.  They wanted to experience everything here.  And even though I have been here for three years, I have only been to a couple of places (which they fussed at me about, lol).


We first went on the Marta to go to the High Museum of Art.  The Marta is like our mini subway.  I never had to take it because my job is driving distance away but it was just confusing to me.  Either way, my classmates knew what they were doing.  We made it to the Museum and got to experience the Art Exhibits.  As my friend Justin put it, "it wasn't like the Getty."  The Best exhibit was by Grainger McKoy where he carves bird out of basswood.  We couldn't take photos of the exhibit up close but seriously, doesn't this look real?!

The squirrels from outside think that this is a dead bird...and we though so too!

Next, we took the Marta back to their hotel and the guys walked (and I drove the girls) to Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffle Restaurant.  I've been to Chicken and Waffle Restaurants before so I kinda knew what to expect.  My husband told me ahead of time about how the food was because he went a couple of years ago and he said it was on Man vs. Food.  The wait time was only 30 mins and 6 out of 7 of us ordered their famous Chicken and Waffles.  I ordered the chocolate chip waffles (everything is better with chocolate).  I give it a B.   The only reason is because the waffles tasted like pancakes and the chicken wasn't seasoned.  Also, for it to be a famous restaurant, they didn't have enough waiting seats for all the customers that came in.  They made some people wait outside in the cold.  I know it was a fire hazard but seriously - expand!  Other than that, the atmosphere was great and they had free parking...which is rare downtown.


After we ate, we all had a quick goodbye and I was on my way back to Brian and Mr. Tibbs.  I love Mini Reunions!

My mission during lunch - WATCH THE VAMPIRE DIARIES!!!

Edit: I finally got to see the Vampire Diaries!!! All I can say is: Vampire, Werewolves, Witches and GHOST!  Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover