Monday, September 9, 2013

Married Monday: Count Your Blessings

It has been a couple of weeks since I've posted.  The normal deadlines have increased, along with my attempts to study for my second exam while balancing my mini family.  Life has been the same up till August 29th. 

That Thursday, I was running late coming home.  I had a deadline and lost track of time.  Brian had to go to choir rehearsal that night and I wanted to make it home in time to see him off.  I made it home 5 minutes before he had to leave and I talked with him for a few before he kissed me and left.  He decided to take my car since his car was already in the garage. 

Hours later, I was on Google Hangout with my study group.  I was expecting Brian to be home by 930pm but I knew the rehearsal usually runs late.  At 945pm, I got a call from Brian saying that he was in an accident and was on the way to the hospital.  Brian didn't know the severity of it at the time, so he told me not to worry and he will give me updates soon.  Later, I found out he was T-boned by a guy who ran a stop sign.  I couldn't do anything.  I was shaking, crying and freaking out.  I didn't know what hospital he was in and I was too emotional to drive his car.  My uncle helped me out by finding out all the information I needed and picking Brian up.  Brian had soreness on his left side and had to take off work for a day.  I had two projects to turn in the next day.  So I finished everything and left early to take care of him.

My car on the other hand:

 




With the damages shown, Brian should have been seriously injured and everyday I let him know that.  I hug him all the time.  I know he is probably tired of me by now, but I just think "what if."

This situation has been an inconvenience for us: missed work, half days and calling our Vehicle Tag Office and insurance non-stop.  My in-laws even drove down to help us.  With all of this happening, this situation has also given me a new prospective on life and learning to appreciate everything.  I'm not saying that I didn't do this before, but it definitely reassured me to count my blessings.  Cars can easily be replaced, but life can't. 

Overall, this whole process has eaten up my motivation to study or post.  With that said, posts will be a little slow for a while to focus more on my family and my studies.  It's hard writing something when I'm feeling this way. 

I will update BR 2.0's Facebook page in the meantime.     

Cya Soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover