Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Guest Blogger: The Previously

Hello Botanical Reflections readers! I'm Megan and Chela and I are friends from a wedding website where we are part of a group of newly-married women who all got married the same month. I'm a mother of one, a journalist and I have a blog called The Previously, which focuses on my life with my husband and daughter and television.

1. Name of your Blog? How did it get its name? My blog is The Previously. It's named for the recap at the beginning of television shows that tell you what has previously happened so you're all caught up!
2. How long have you been blogging? With this blog, just about a month but I have blogged for work for several years now.
3. What influenced you to blog? I like TV, I like to tell stories, I like to write. I actually do a lot of writing in my professional life, so it's nice to have an outlet to write personally as well.

As a fan of television, I've always had a few houses that were featured on favorite shows that are my favorite television homes. For y guest blog, I'm going to take you through a quick list of my top five television houses.
My favorite television house is from the Gilmore Girls. Some fans might be partial to the stately mansion Emily and Richard call home but I've always loved Lorelai's house in Stars Hollow. It's a two story home with a wrap-around porch and a fireplace. The layout is slightly odd, which I've always just considered part of its character but the weirdest part is that the home apparently has only one bedroom upstairs - Rory's room is on the first floor.
My second favorite house is from my all-time favorite show - The Summers' house on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Despite the fact that the house was usually destroyed when Buffy, you know, slayed things, the house itself was adorable. It has a slightly Spanish vibe inside with large, rounded entryways connecting each room.
My third favorite television home is Carrie's apartment in Sex and the City and if I'm being honest, this is pretty much the only way I could ever live in NYC. I loved the open layout in Carrie's apartment and, despite her complaints, she had a great closet in that place - not compared to the one from the movie, of course, but still, a very nice closet.
Next up is a home I believe every girl around my age remembers fondly: The San Diego dwelling from Full House. There seemed to be endless space in this home - four bedrooms on the second floor, the renovated attic Becky and Jesse called home, the basement recording studio. I'm not sure if the house would be that great if it weren't home to the Tanner family but I'd be willing to give it a shot.
My final favorite home is the only one still on television and sees to climb a little higher every time I see it: The Braverman family home on Parenthood. It's a very funky looking house, well-worn and filled with slightly outdated heirlooms while maintaining a very cool vibe. I love the kitchen in this house: It has a fantastic butcher block in the middle and is really the center of the home. I think our own very small kitchen inspires my love for this home and I'm hoping to have something more like the Braverman's house when we start looking for a new home next summer.
So tell me readers, what are your favorite television homes? Hooked on Houses is a great place to look at TV and movie homes in detail. Some of my other favorites that didn't make my Top 5 list are the Humphreys' loft on Gossip Girl, Cameron and Mitchell's duplex on Modern Family, The Cosby family's brownstone and Jules' house on Cougar Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover