Thursday, January 12, 2012

Recipe #12: Nutella Mug Cake and Nutella Ice Cream

Brian and I made these recipes about two days ago.  Usually I post right away, but Brian called me out about my "hyperness" after we ate these.  He said that I was giggling and if I wasn't laying down in the bed, I probably would have been jumping up and down.  As fast as I got hyper from all the sugar, I crashed just as fast.  So here we are two days later.  But beware!  The recipe I'm about to give you is so sweet and yummy, that you might go into sugar coma ;-).

I found both of these recipes on Pinterest and since I was making turkey burgers for Brian that night, I wanted him to have dessert too.

Nutella Ice Cream
Source: rumkihn.com via Chela on Pinterest
 
Ingredients:
1 cup of Nutella
6 Bananas (I only used one)

Directions:
-Blend until smooth and freeze!


I made these the night before so I could have something to go with our...

Nutella Mug Cake:
 
Ingredients:
4 tablespoons self rising flour
4 tablespoons white granulated sugar (I'm removing this next time.  Nutella and cocoa are already sweet, so what is the point of more sugar?  Especially 4 tablespoons!)
1 egg
3 tablespoons cocoa powder (Hot chocolate mix worked just as fine.)
3 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil

Directions:
-Combine and mix ingredients in a large mug.


-Heat in the microwave for 1 1/2 - 3 minutes.


-Top with your favorite ingredients.  We used the Nutella Ice Cream for ours!


Results:
Delicious but SWEET!  I made this before, but without the Nutella and it was just as good.  Next time, we will be taking out the sugar because cocoa and Nutella are already sweet.  Also, watch for spillage when the ingredients rise out of the mug.  Below is Brian's mug.  The cake dripped all over the edge of his mug and we had to put down a napkin in the microwave to catch it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover