Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mr. Tibbs versus the Balloon

Last week, Brian celebrated his birthday.  I wanted to make this birthday a little more special since Mr. Tibbs gave him a memorable surprise last year:

-Instead of hanging his “happy birthday banner” in our bedroom in the middle of the night, I decided to put it downstairs near his card.
-I knew I wasn’t going to have time to cook a large dinner because his birthday was on a Tuesday, so I convinced him to get a pizza.
-Knowing he would say yes, that would give me time to also pick up his ice cream cake I ordered from Dairy Queen.  If you haven’t had it, you are missing out on a piece of heaven.
-I recycled my birthday balloon from my office party and used it for his birthday.

I know this doesn’t sound like much, but I just wanted him to know I love him and Happy Birthday.

Results:
He loved the DQ Oreo Blizzard Ice Cream cake.
The next day, we moved the balloon upstairs into our bedroom.  Mr. Tibbs was concerned and interested in this floating object, so kept his eyes on it.  After dinner, I came back up stairs to find him in the same pose that I left him in before I went down stairs. 


I tried to explain to him what a balloon was and moved it closer to his cage.  As the balloon moved closer, Mr. Tibbs got more defensive and hissed at the balloon.  That’s when the random flights happened.  Since the balloon was too close for comfort, he did not feel comfortable landing on his cage, so he landed anywhere.   His first stop was on the floor, while his second stop was beside our bed.  I spent the rest of the night consoling him, while Brian moved the balloon:


Even at 11 years old, Mr. Tibbs still has fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover