Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Recipe #10: Taco Salad Bowls

On Christmas Eve, Brian and I decided to make tacos.  We still had one more box of a taco kit and wanted to finish it off.  I was tired of the hard and soft tacos and I wanted something different.  Then I remembered something I saw on Pinterest for homemade Taco Salad Bowls...

                                                                Source: littlenannygoat.blogspot.com via Chela on Pinterest

"Make your own TACO BOWL: scrunch up alum foil, take a flour tortilla and spray both sides of the tortilla with PAM (or any nonstick spray) and lay on top of the tin foil balls (the tortilla will form better to the ball if it is a little warm so I microwave it for a few seconds first). Bake at 375 for about 10-15 minutes or until golden."              

I followed the instructions and here are my results:


These turned out awesome and very crunchy.  I found a couple of other recipes where you can use a custard bowl.  Also, my husband loved these so much, he tried it with corn tortillas.  They were so thin that they ripped in the center, so flour tortillas are way better.

If you are tired of "regular tacos," try these bowls!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover