Monday, June 4, 2012

Recipe #17: Toasted Marshmallow Shortcake

This weekend, before my wireless internet went out, I made a dessert I found on Pinterest.  The dessert is called Toasted Marshmallow Squares.

Source: Joy the Baker
As delicious as this recipe was, we didn't have some of the ingredients to make the squares.  To improvise, I used the shortcake recipe I found on the back of a bisquick box and used the toppings Joy suggested on her recipe.  With this recipe, I was surprised that she didn't turn it into smores and use Nutella.  I was kinda hesitant about using jam and marshmallows together...but I didn't know what kind of yummy treat I had waiting for me!


Ingredients:
Strawberry Jam
Marshmallows
1 cup of Bisquick
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/3 cup of milk
PicMonkey finally has a collage feature!
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  In a medium bowl, mix the bisquick, milk and sugar.
2. Drop 4 spoonfuls of the mix onto an ungreased pan.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Cut the shortcake in halves.
5. Top the shortcake with jam and marshmallows.  I used the marshmallows that were already precut and used for smores.
6. Set the oven on broil and toast till the marshmallows are lightly toasted.
7. Enjoy!

Results:
Mines came out realllllllly sweet!  Next time, I will cut out the sugar in the shortbread because the jam and marshmallows make up for it.  Also, when cutting the shortbread, make sure you cut it evenly.  Some of my halves came out small.  Other than that, the recipe was delicious!

Thanks Joy for the yummy recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover