Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Project Brian


After Brian stating that I have an OCD with order and his lovely response to "dating an Architect," I decided to start Project Brian.  Before the project, I told Brian that he was feeding my OCD by messing up certain areas that I fix.  After constantly denying this, I decided to documented how Brian rearranges the guest bathroom.  Each day that he would rearrange it, I would fix it to see if it continues.  Documentation was from 9/23 - 9/29.  The items on the bathroom counter are: 1 comb, 1 hair brush, 1 grooming kit, 1 nail clipper, 1 deodorant, 1 contact case, and 1 contact solution.  His other items are located in a drawer.  Here are the results:


The first couple of days, the subject kept things in order.  At first, I thought he was on to me, so I decided to lay low.  Then he had choir rehearsal on the 25th.  That's when his patterns began.

25th: The subject's usual habits are to brush his teeth, brush his hair, put on deodorant and put on his contacts.  As you can see, the grooming kit was not in use, yet moved. 
27th: Brian got a hair cut for the 3 day event for church from 9/28-9/30.  Because of this, he did not need to use his comb, just his brush.  The comb, contact solution and case were moved before his men's choir rehearsal.
28th: Day 1 of his church event.  Only his contact case and solution was moved.
29th: Day 2 of his church event and the final day of documentation.  Not only was he in a rush to make it to church on time, but every item on the counter was moved; even items he did not use.

This study showed that Brian messes up the area more on the weekend.  When he messes up an area, he moves things he doesn't need.  I would do a study for the refrigerator but I guess that would prove his case, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover