Wednesday, June 12, 2013

ARE Update: Coffee Break

I officially have 2 weeks to go before I take my first exam.  I'm getting better at memorizing the contracts and specifications, but I'm still not fully prepared.  Last Saturday, myself and T went over a couple of questions from our Kaplan study guide before taking a food break.  Since we study at Starbucks, I decided to get my usual sandwich and Vanilla Bean Creme Frappuccino.  Even though the Frappuccino has no coffee in it, it is still very yummy.  I decided to do something different: try coffee again.  Studying daily has been draining me and I wanted to get a little boost of energy.  I haven't had coffee since 2008, so I wanted to get something where I didn't have to add extra ingredients.  I was already getting the Frappuccino, so I decided to get their new Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino with coffee.

Source: Google Images
That drink was amazing.  The chocolate and the cookies held my hand as I took my first to last sip.  I think I am officially in love with coffee again.  My coffee craving has only been during the Saturday study sessions, but now it is carrying over during the week.  The closest Starbucks to my home is 15 minutes.  I have this same dilemma at work.  To solve that, I looked to Pinterest.  Yesterday, I spent part of my lunch pinning a couple of copycat recipes.  Here is what I found:

Source: Healthy Starbucks Frappuccinos

Copy Cat Starbucks Vanilla Bean Creme Frappuccino
Recipe - 2/3 C milk, 2/3 C crushed ice, 2 T vanilla flavored syrup, 2 scoops vanilla bean ice cream - blend till smooth, top with whipped cream.

Source: Pinterest.com

Source: Mocha Frappuccino (Sugar Free, Dairy Free)
I may try one of these recipes at work! 

What is your go to coffee drink?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover