Monday, August 27, 2012

5 day Project

From last Monday to last Friday, myself and my co-worker planned a going away party for our Marketing Director who got a new job.  She had been at our firm for a number of years and we wanted to make sure she knew how special she was to us.  While my co-worker tackled the party, I handled the graphics and photos.

For the first graphic, I made her a homemade card.  Usually during birthdays, I surprise a co-worker with a photoshopped picture of themselves.  Friday was the last day for the Marketing director and I wanted to do something really nice for her, even though it wasn't her birthday.  With suggestions from her best friend, I made an image of her with 3 of her favorite celebrities: Joe Manganiello, Tony Gonzalez and Idris Elba. 

Using only the photos below, I started my challenge.

Source: Google Images

Source: Google Images
 
Source: Google Images
 
Source: Google Images
Sneaking around her is tough enough, but printing test copies was the toughest thing to do.  As I was printing copies on Tuesday, she picked up the photo.  I grabbed it just in time before she saw it.  After I cleaned up the images, with the help of my Mom, I put together the card and wording.


After I finished my card, I took a couple of pictures to go into a "going away booklet" to give to her on her last day.  The pictures included: Group shots (and photoshopping the missing co-workers), Co-worker + Marketing Director, Marketing Director + Management, outside shot of the office and the party.  Here is the photo I took with her:


Finally, the party was here!  The food was great and the conversations were crazy.  We reminisced on the past, while holding back tears that she was actually leaving in one day.  The good bye was short but I was happy that she was moving on to something better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover