Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Recipe #8: Bacon, Egg & Cheese Savory Cupcakes

Yep it's Wednesday Tuesday!

Last night, I found another recipe on the Pillsbury website for Bacon & Egg Savory Cupcakes.  I felt a little generous and wanted to make it for Brian.  Their recipe calls for Bacon and since I didn't have it in the house, I replaced it with ham.  I also added shredded cheese.  We also didn't have enough eggs, so we scrambled them up and poured the mixture in the cups.

Yummy
Bacon Egg & Cheese Savory Cupcakes

Ingredients:
-Slice of ham cut in 12 (added by me)
-4 eggs, mixed
-1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
-Shredded cheese (added by me)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray 8 jumbo muffin cups or 8 (6-oz) glass custard cups with cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in each muffin cup, pressing dough three-fourths of the way up sides of cups.
3. Line 1 slice of ham in each biscuit cup, sprinkle cheese and pour the egg over each. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg whites are set. Run a small knife around cups to loosen. Serve immediately.

Results:
Um...when they say "JUMBO MUFFIN CUPS" they really mean it...Imagine if I actually used the whole egg!  Brian helped me on the smaller ones and his turned out better than the 4 mutants ones I started with.


Mutant muffins and all, they were tasty.  But next time I will invest in a jumbo muffin pan!


On a side note...
I started my day off at the eye doctor's office.  He is a great doctor but goodness...I spent 2 hrs in there! (1hr 20 mins in three waiting rooms, 40 mins for two exams).  I am happy to report that my eye is fine!!!  I am so thankful.  The bad news is that they dilated my eyes to the point that I had to get my husband to drive me to work.  It was hard just to walk to my car to head home.  And since my hard hat and boots were in my car, I can't go on any site visits.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover