Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Purpose - In Another Life

I always knew since I was a kid that I wanted to be a Veterinarian.  I wasn't really a people person and I always gravitated to animals whenever I went to someone's house that had a pet.  I was forever know as "Dog girl." 
Source: Pinterest.com
After getting a reality check in 7th grade after watching an ER episode on Animal Planet, I had to make two choices: Go after my first passion or go after my second.  I decided to go with drawing.  5 1/2 years of Architecture school and 4 years in the profession, I'm still doubting my decision.  Yes I'm doing very well, but in the back of my mind I always wonder if I made the right decision.  If I would have became a Vet, I would have graduated from college last year and I probably would have never dated Brian since I would have went to school in North Carolina.

Last night, after visiting the pet store and nearly buying a $350 conure that I fell in love with (Brian had to talk me out of it AGAIN), I saw the new season America's Got Talent.  That's when I found my purpose in another life:

Last night episode of America's Got Talent: Miss Les - The Bird Lady

Mr. Tibbs and his cousins would have been pleased.  The only difference between myself and Miss Les is that I would have had Mr. Tibbs to help me sing:

Mr. Tibbs this morning:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover