Friday, February 3, 2012

Recipe #14: Frozen Nutella Hot Chocolate

Last night, I had the house to myself.  Brian was at choir rehearsal and Mr. Tibbs and I had to fend for ourselves.  First, I decided to eat dinner with Mr. Tibbs.  Before I was married, I use to bring my dinner up stairs and watch t.v.  I was scared to eat myself down stairs at the time, and Mr. Tibbs enjoyed the company.  Once he saw me take a bite, he would climb from his perch to his food bowl and would proceed to eat his food.  Birds of a feather flock together.

Afterwards, I picked him up and we watched t.v. together.  I don't know if it was because we were by ourselves, but Mr. Tibbs was a sweetie.  He got really close to my neck and if my hair got too close to him, he didn't bite me.  Yay!  After I put him back at his cage, I gave him a treat and washed my arms. 

Yawwwwwn!

Finally, I decided to make a treat for myself. I had 30 minutes until Vampire Diaries, and something on Pinterest sparked my interest (hey I rhymed!)...Frozen Hot Chocolate!

I combined these two recipes to make a Nutella mixture:

Frozen Hot Chocolate

Nutella Hot Chocolate
I added and took out some ingredients and here is what I came up with:

Frozen Nutella Hot Chocolate


Ingredients:
  • 3 Tsp of Nutella
  • 1 pack of hot chocolate mix
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 cups ice
  • Whipped cream, for garnish
  • Chocolate shavings, for garnish
Directions: 
  • Melt Nutella in a small saucepan. 
  • "Stir occasionally until melted. Add the hot chocolate mix, stirring constantly until blended."
  • "Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature."
  • "In a blender, place the remaining 1 cup of milk, the chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into a giant goblet and top with whipped cram and chocolate shavings."
Results:

Yum!  I'm making it again tonight with whipped cream toppings. :-) 

Updated pictures to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover