Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day Dance

Every February, my Mother-in-law's sorority hosts a Valentine's Day Dance.   Since Brian and I started dating, I have been invited to go.  Some years, I stayed at my table and talked with my future in-laws, while other years Brian dragged me on the dance floor.  Here is a collection of all the years: 

In 2005, I had a orientation to go to for my Honor's College and afterwards, I was able to attend the last 2 hours of the dance.
This year, I was looking forward to going, especially being a  newlywed and seeing our family.  We found out a couple of weeks ago that it wasn't happening.  See why.  This year, we decided to go to my church's Valentine's Day Dance.  The night I got ready, I hated the way I looked.  My hair didn't turn out right (and I changed my hairstyle in the car), my dress was too short, and my shoes were slipping off because it was so cold.  Throughout my uncomfortable moment, Brian reassured me that I looked fine.


After arriving 20 minutes late, we made it to the church's first annual dance.  And being the first event, you could see all the flaws: starting an hour late, 20 degree temperatures in the room, etc.  Flaws and all, I really enjoyed myself.  The food and the entertainment were great, and we even won a Subway gift card!  The only bad part is that during the event, my sister texted me to let me know that Whitney Houston had passed away.  Growing up, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson were my idols.  After the event, we were able to take professional pictures. 

This was the first time I took my coat off because it was freezing!
The next day, Brian talked with his Mom to see how the original event we were suppose to go to turned out.  It snowed that Sunday, half the people showed up (because it was a concert the same night), and the food was horrible.  Even though I really wanted to go to see family, it would have been horrible to go for the event.  Well no matter which event we go to next year, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover