Sunday, February 3, 2013

Recipe #19: Superbowl Snacks

This year, Brian and I decided to make some snacks for the Superbowl.  It's just the two of us so we made two of our favorite snacks: fries and nachos.

For my dish, I revisited my copycat Chili's Texas Cheese Fries.  Last year, I didn't take pictures of the results; so Superbowl gave me the opportunity to do so.  Also, I LOVE FRIES!

Homemade Texas Cheese Fries (from Chili's)
Ingredients:
-Bag of frozen french fries
-Jar of jalapenos
-Sprinkled sharp cheese
-Bacon bits
-Ranch dressing

Directions:
-Cook fries using the directions from the bag.
-Pour sprinkled cheese, peppers and bacon bits over the cooked fries.
-Put it in the oven for 2 minutes, or until cheese has melted.  You can also microwave it for 15-20 seconds.
-Serve with ranch dressing.

Results:
I made two pans of these and we could barely get through the first batch.  They filled me up so fast that I couldn't enjoy the next dish like I wanted.  It was still yummy.



Brian dish was based off a recipe he saw on the Today show called the Nachos Nirvana.  This recipe is a casserole of layered yumminess.  Brian cut the recipe in half since it was the two of us.

Nachos Nirvana
Ingredients:
-1 bag of Sprinkled sharp cheese
-1 Bag of nachos
-1 bag of cooked pulled pork
-Black beans
-Sour cream

Directions:
-Preheat the oven to 350.
-Top a pan of nachos with cheese, pulled pork and black beans.
-Repeat.
-Put the casserole in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
-Top with cold toppings: sour cream, guacamole, etc.

Results:
Another dish that was A LOT of food for both of us. 


Aside from the two dishes, we also made pizza rolls!



Enjoy the game everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover