Thursday, May 3, 2012

Life of a Bird Owner – Part 2

Life with Brian has been amazing.  Life with Mr. Tibbs has been just as great.  When they first met each other, Mr. Tibbs loved Brian because he played his favorite tunes as he traveled 600 miles to his new home 4 years ago.  As Brian started to visit more when we got engaged, Mr. Tibbs started to get over protective.  Even after Brian and I got married last year, Mr. Tibbs hissed every time Brian walked past his cage.  Eventually something clicked between the two and from the outside you would think that Brian had Mr. Tibbs before I did.

Recently, when it’s time for Mr. Tibbs to go to bed, Brian sings him a song.  He usually chimes in with his own whistles.  Now, it has been happening even outside the cage.  On Monday, I decided to take Mr. Tibbs out the cage again to play.  As, I started to lay on Brian to watch t.v., Mr. Tibbs got one glace of him and started whistling.  This started a duet:


Brian: What’s my name? Brian _____
Mr. Tibbs: ::Whistles::
Brian: ::whispers:: What’s my name? Brian _____
Mr. Tibbs: ::tiny tweets::
Brian: What’s your name? Chela _____
Mr. Tibbs: ::Whistles::
Brian: What’s your name? Chela _____
Mr. Tibbs: ::tiny tweets::
Brian: What’s your name? (in a deep voice) Sidney Tibbs
Mr. Tibbs: ::Whistles::
Brian: ::whispers:: What’s your name? Sidney Tibbs
Mr. Tibbs: ::tiny tweets::

Between this song and this one, I stay entertained.  Gotta love my two favorite men!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover