Thursday, May 2, 2013

Texture Thursday: Marley Twist Installment #3

Before I went to My co-worker's Birthday party on last Saturday.
Installment #1
Installment #2
FAQ
Last Friday, I did my third installment of my Marley Twists. As I stated on BR 2.0's Facebook page, the next couple of weekends will be super busy for me, so I decided to let my hair take a break. Also, I'm going back to Virginia Mother's Day weekend for my sister's graduation, so it was going to be rough to style my hair during a 10 hour drive and dealing with humidity. This is my BEST installment so far and I think this will be my staple for future installments! Here are the things I did differently from the first and second installment:
  • I used two packs of hair. Just like the second installment, I sectioned my hair in fours and installed 9-10 braids to each section. The difference is that I used one piece of the Marley Hair instead of two. It's less bulky and my natural hair stays in the twists. Also, I don't have to buy three packs of hair! I did come across pieces that were too thin. If that happens, double it up with another thin piece.
And here is my regimen and tips for my Marley Twists from all three installments:

Estimated Time:
  • 4-6 Hours
Tools for Installing:
Tools for Maintenance:
  • Braid Spray: African Pride Sheen Spray
  • Oil: Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier
  • Cleansing: Taliah Waajid Moisture Clenz
Prep:
  • 1 hour: washing (sulfate free shampoo and conditioner), deep conditioning and leave-in conditioner
  • 1 hour: 80% air dry and tension blow drying the rest.
  • 2-4 hours: Moisturize hair, Parting 4 sections, separating and fluffing the Marley hair, and twisting hair with gel.
    • 9-10 braids to each section with one piece of Marley Hair. I hade a total of 40 twists.
Twisting the Hair: These two links contain YouTube videos of how to twist the hair.
Maintenance:
  • Spray with braid sheen and oil daily. Don't use a cream! It will create build up on your roots.
  • Wipe through scalp with the cleansing spray and follow with the braid and oil spray when itchy on the weekends.
  • Wrap hair with a satin scarf.
  • Re-twist when needed.
How long to leave in:
  • 4-6 weeks.
Styles:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover