Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Botanical Reflections 2.0!

Source: Google Images
I would have loved to post this yesterday but I had a submittal!

Happy Anniversary to my little blog.  In a year, not only has my blog grown, but so has my experience as a wife, a pet owner and an Architectural Designer.  When I first started, I started with a group of ladies that shared the same wedding month as me on a wedding website.  I didn't expect to write as much as I did, but I just wanted to jot down a couple of interesting things in my life.  The more entries I wrote, the more I realized the important things in my life and who I wanted to share it with:

Married Life:
October 2011, I was 5 months into my marriage.  My husband and I were still understanding our marriage, and as the months went on, we learned a lot of new recipes and how to stay on a budget with just the two of us and a pet.  We celebrated our first Anniversary a couple of months ago and we haven't looked back since.

Mr. Tibbs:
My featherbaby.  At the beginning of this blog, Mr. Tibbs was still lovable as ever, but Brian and Mr. Tibbs could not stand each other.  Brian could not walk past the cage without Mr. Tibbs hissing at him.  With the help of music and Brian's charm, a Christmas miracle happened.  Today, Mr. Tibbs is attached to Brian.  Whistles and kisses are his favorite things to give out.  We are still learning how to give him healthier foods without him plotting revenge on us, but I see great things happening in year two.

Professional Life:
When I first started, I was trying to finish my Internship Development Program.  I had a while to go, and when my classmates came to visit my city for a conference, I found out I was closer to my goal.  I documented my site visits and recapped on one of the biggest things of my life, my license.  I finished the program in April and got approved in August of this year.  My bosses wanted to get me more into Architecture than just drafting, so they pushed me to the management and presentation side.  When this happened, so did my struggle to get accepted as a leader in meetings.  That created "Women in Architecture Wednesday."  Thanks to those posts, I learned the statistics of women in the field of Architecture and I also learned how to overcome it with the help of women experiencing similar things.

I also presented to a client for the first time:
Last Thursday, the design team presented our project to our client.  I was in charge of putting together the powerpoint for the Architect and Engineers.  My co-worker couldn't do the presentation, so my bosses recruited me for the task.  I got a lot of compliments and I will be doing the next presentation in a couple of weeks.
If I would have told myself a year ago that this is where I would be, I wouldn't believe it.  My plan for year two will be to take my exams starting January 2013.

------------------

Thanks to the Blog Guidebook & Good Girl Gone Wife for helping me to spice up BR 2.0 and better my posts with codes, recipes and Pinterest Challenges!

For year two, other than posting the usual, I will aim to get more Guest bloggers, projects and recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover